• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beetle ID? (Carmarthen, Wales) (1 Viewer)

DoghouseRiley

Hi All

In a dim corner of a copse I found these two doing what beetles do best at this time of year.

I think they are leaf beetles and the only one I can find with a chestnut body and green head is Chrysolina polita.

Could someone please take and let me know?

Thanks, Gareth

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks like C. polita to me. Were they on a labiate like Water Mint? I used to often find these with C. herbacea at Bookham Common.

Not sure that is a food plant but still agree with ID.
Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like a burdock. There were a lot around but that's not one. It looks to me to be a shrub/tree. Something like a hazel. I have another, looks like it is eating, maybe.

Attachments

• L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like a burdock. There were a lot around but that's not one. It looks to me to be a shrub/tree. Something like a hazel. I have another, looks like it is eating, maybe.
Impossible to identify the plant from a portion of leaf but this is certainly not Hazel. Pretty sure on the beetle ID which is what you really want.:)

Impossible to identify the plant from a portion of leaf but this is certainly not Hazel. Pretty sure on the beetle ID which is what you really want.:)
No sorry. The original picture looked like it might be hazel. The second one shows one of them eating (I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back