• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beetle ID please? (Cambs. UK) (2 Viewers)

DoghouseRiley

Hi All

I found this beetle plowing its way through some umbellifers in Holme Fen (if you want beetles.....
the place to go. 8 large beetles within an hour and I wasn't really looking hard).

So this one was about 15-20mm, entirely black apart from the scutellum and under the pronotum
- these are golden in colour. I though that might make it easier to ID............. not so.

Could someone take a look and ID for me?

Thanks, Gareth

Attachments

• J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9
  • J2.jpg
    J2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
It's the longhorn beetle Stictoleptura scutellata.
Thanks aeshna5. I looked through tons of images online for long-horn beetles and every picture I saw should this beetle as all black. I google Stictoleptura scutellata up come loads of pictures with the gold accent. Anyways, thanks again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back