• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Berghaus Cornice Waterproofs 3 in 1’s for birding uk (2 Viewers)

Reesyd

Wales
Hi all

probably been done to death but new on the forum and learning to or trying to navigate but can anyone give any advice on Berghaus Cornice coats/ jackets for birding please.
Are they any good and are they too shiny for staying inconspicuous?

Thanks in advance

I had one many years ago in matt dark green.
Have Berghaus changed the finish ?
It was a most excellent jacket which was completely waterproof
Unfortunately came second in a fight with a barbed wire fence.
I replaced it with another

this looks very similar to the one I had (it’s the long version) looks reasonably matt in this image from Go Outdoors website

Perhaps you should try to find one in a shop and see what you think

IMG_0112.jpeg

There are so many outdoor coats on the market. Many manufacturers will change designs yearly. This makes it almost impossible to give timely recommendations. The best thing one can do is to get into a shop and try some on.

If you aren't going to be tramping up mountains then it is also worth looking at the hunting-shooting-fishing market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back