• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Chances to See an American Dipper in the Seattle Region? (2 Viewers)

MMcD

United States
Any suggestions on the best places to look for an American Dipper within day-trip driving range of Seattle?

I’m headed to Seattle in a few days and trying to piece together my birding itinerary. I’ll mostly be sticking around the city for general (non-dipper) birding, but I plan to rent a car for a day and head out somewhere.

I used to see Dippers when I lived in the region and would love to see one again. I’ve looked on eBird for sightings, and will try to make a guess from that info… but I was wondering if anyone with actual local knowledge might be able to help.

I just registered for an account to tell you Cottage Lake Creek in Woodinville, WA! I saw a dipper this morning and in the course of identifying it, found your post. Now I realize your trip is probably over. 🤦‍♀️ Hope you found one!

I just registered for an account to tell you Cottage Lake Creek in Woodinville, WA! I saw a dipper this morning and in the course of identifying it, found your post. Now I realize your trip is probably over. 🤦‍♀️ Hope you found one!
Ha ha, thanks! Sadly, we didn’t have any luck on that one. I’ll have to wait until another trip. Good to have that info here for future visitors though.

Ha ha, thanks! Sadly, we didn’t have any luck on that one. I’ll have to wait until another trip. Good to have that info here for future visitors though.
Flaming geyser state park in king county a little south of Seattle is always pretty good for dippers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back