• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird call in Eastern Himalayas, India. (1 Viewer)

It reminds me very much of Chinese Bamboo Partridge, but that is not it. I tried a few similar loudmouth partridges, no luck sofar.
Can you give a province/state name? That makes searching a tad easier

cheers
Gerben

It reminds me very much of Chinese Bamboo Partridge, but that is not it. I tried a few similar loudmouth partridges, no luck sofar.
Can you give a province/state name? That makes searching a tad easier

cheers
Gerben
Sure! Its Kalimpong district in West Bengal, near the border with Sikkim and Bhutan.

It's a laugingthrush; it sounds a lot like White-crested although Kalimpong may be a bit too high up?
Could be... there are a couple of flocks of White-crested laughing thrushes that frequent the area but I've never heard this call from them. Also this bird seems to be solitary, it calls for a few minutes and moves away.

ah...of course... I ended up mixing up these two noisy families in Japan too.

thanks for the more precise location and pardon my not pinning the ID.

cheers,
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back