• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird call with recording - Scotland (1 Viewer)

Hyrax

Hi all,

This attached was recorded remotely at about 6pm this evening (would still have been light). The device is in a tree in mixed woodland right next to open water and reedbed. I feel like I've heard it before but I'm completely stumped to be honest.

To be clear it's the repeated sets of 3, fast, ascending notes I'm interested in.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• call.mp3
    293.1 KB · Views: 153
Is it a bird at all ?

Starting to think it's not, could be something to do with the camera. I've asked quite a few very knowledgeable colleagues now and no one has any idea. It's from the Loch of the Lowes Osprey webcam by the way and has repeated again today at about 10am apparently. I didn't mention it originally on the off chance it turned out to be something something rare so the reserve staff would have the choice whether to spread the news.

Thanks for the replies all

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back