• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ring (1 Viewer)

We bird ringers in the UK can look up a bird ring we may find on a bird we have caught and id some details straight away on the database we use to submit our own ringing details. If you send me a pm, I could look it up for you....

Hi Cheshiresearcher and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

We bird ringers in the UK can look up a bird ring we may find on a bird we have caught and id some details straight away on the database we use to submit our own ringing details. If you send me a pm, I could look it up for you....
Ji Jon.
I am searching the site for help on ID of a bird I found this morning (A shag in Sheffield - as far away from the coast as can get in the UK). I posted earlier but have found this from you on ringing. Could you point me in the direction of the place to report the sighting of this ringed bird please. The ring number shows simply RZW. There may be addition details but I cant see from where the bird currently is. I captured, rested and then released the bird to a local pond.

Ji Jon.
I am searching the site for help on ID of a bird I found this morning (A shag in Sheffield - as far away from the coast as can get in the UK). I posted earlier but have found this from you on ringing. Could you point me in the direction of the place to report the sighting of this ringed bird please. The ring number shows simply RZW. There may be addition details but I cant see from where the bird currently is. I captured, rested and then released the bird to a local pond.
Did you record the colour of the ring and text?
Try this website:
www.cr-birding.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Back