• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird sound at Pattaya birdhide, Thailand - 5 July 2023 - Recording #1 (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

I recorded this at the birdhide and I could not see the bird.

The other sound is a squirrel. Is it possible to ID the bird from the sound?

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• Unkown 1 - 5 July 2023.mp3
    2 MB
As I mentioned in your other thread, I'm not too familiar with Thai bird songs and this isn't one I recognise. I'm commenting mostly to bump this up in the hope that someone more familiar sees the post.
My best guess is that it's a bulbul, so it may be worth looking for calls of whichever species are seen in the area.

As I mentioned in your other thread, I'm not too familiar with Thai bird songs and this isn't one I recognise. I'm commenting mostly to bump this up in the hope that someone more familiar sees the post.
My best guess is that it's a bulbul, so it may be worth looking for calls of whichever species are seen in the area.
Cheers!

I think bumping it up did the trick. Grahame Walbridge ID the bird. I have recorded the Black-crested Bulbul a couple of time, but it sounds different. Then I have seen the birds singing in front of the hide.

But following Grahame's link and it is the same sound, even if the printing graph is not looking the same, similarities but not the same.

Thanks for the "BUMPING" a trick I did not thought about.

Hope you enjoy your weekend
Aladdin

Thank you!

Highly appreciated

Same sound but the graph is a little different. I have recorded the Black-crested Bulbuls in this hide before, but then I have seen the birds singing/ calling in front of the hide.

There is always quite a few Black-crested Bulbuls in front of the hide if you come after lunch when it is getting hot. Maybe one of the attached birds singing on the recording. I could not see the bird singing

Thanks for the help!
Aladdin

Attachments

• 1611.jpg
    1611.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1623.jpg
    1623.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1626.jpg
    1626.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2