• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird sound at Pattaya birdhide, Thailand - 5 July 2023 - Recording #2 (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

I recorded this bird, but I was not able to see the bird.

Is it possible to ID the bird from the sound?

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• Unkown 2- 5 July 2023.mp3
    922.6 KB
I'm not too familiar with Thai bird songs. But I think this sounds like a Tailorbird. I think the trill may be a song of Dark-necked Tailorbird. The repeated note is similar to Common Tailorbird (but I'm not sure if Dark-necked can also give a similar call). Does this seem feasible for the location?

Hopefully someone with more experience in Thailand will be along soon.

I'm not too familiar with Thai bird songs. But I think this sounds like a Tailorbird. I think the trill may be a song of Dark-necked Tailorbird. The repeated note is similar to Common Tailorbird (but I'm not sure if Dark-necked can also give a similar call). Does this seem feasible for the location?

Hopefully someone with more experience in Thailand will be along soon.
Thank you johnallcock

Yes, I think it is a Common comparing with one of my previous recordings. But, might be my imagination, is there a second much weaker bird with a much quicker drill?

The Common Tailor bird's drill seems to be slower while the Dark-necked is much quicker like the one I recorded 12 June 2020 - Dark-necked Tailorbird ar Baan Maka Nature Lodge

Or is it the same bird making both slow and quick "drills"? But the quick seems to be much further away.

Thank you again! Appreciated!
Aladdin

Attachments

• common_tailorbird-own.mp3
    818.1 KB
  • Dark-necked Tailorbird.mp3
    941.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back