• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Asia issue 4 (1 Viewer)

watcha BF'ers

the 4th issue of the superlative Birding ASIA (formerly OBC bulletin) has just been published. The cover is an incredible Fire-tailed Myzornis shot, an indication of the quality within the pages to follow.

Articles include:
A review of BirdLife International's work in Asia over the last few years
Where to see Giant Ibis and White-shouldered Ibis
ID of Lesser Fish Eagle
ID and Where to see Dark-rumped Swift
The Guaiabero (a little known Philippine parrot)
Birding Hotspot: Eaglenest Sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh
Birding Hotspot: Gunung Kerinci Seblat Park (a must read for vistors to this site)

plus others on Spot-winged Thrush, Blackfaced Spoonbill, Heinrich's Nightjar. And all the regular features. I have minimal input to the publication now so don't feel too guilty at singing its praises. A great publication indeed.

go to www.orientalbirdclub.org for details on how to join.

for those headcases out there, the fun run in North Norfolk is on again in July... as is the OBC trip to Tibet. Last chance to visit this remarkable area at a knock down price, and donate a large sum to conservation in the process. For details see my thread on last year's Tibet trip.

Tim Allwood said:
for those headcases out there, the fun run in North Norfolk is on again in July... as is the OBC trip to Tibet.

Bunch of birder types legging it down the road past all those twitcher haunts ...surprised it doesn't trigger false alarms and stampedes for non-existant ticks!

Somehow think I'd prefer stretching my legs in Tibet :)

Good Mag

Just read most of it. Found the article on BirdLife in Asia very interesting. Some amazing photos of amazing birds too.

Another great read, so frustrating though, I've read through it from front to back, back to front already, and I only recieved it this morning!

Particulary enjoyed reading about Eaglenest, flocks of Ward's Trogons and scope views of a dream bird of mine - Wedge-billed Wren-babbler. Great stuff, totally gripping site.

That Myzornis photo..........

Certainly improved in the last year, hey Tim..... :scribe:

My copy arrived yesterday ...just had time to look at the Cover...and made myself put the magazine down as I would not have emerged again!!
Just had a little look and its great!!!

ah.... Tibet????

Off to fill my friends feeders and guess what I will be reading whilst checking out the local birds?

:cool:

Hi Jurek,

I believe the tour isn't on the website as yet, though it can only be a matter of time. See http://www.orientalbirdclub.org or if you would like to find out more details sooner, contact Mike Edgecombe via the OBC contact addresses which are available from the website.

You can also become a member online, a snip at £15 if paying using credit card if I'm correct.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back