• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Vienna (1 Viewer)

Alan,
The Schonbrunn Palace is the obvious site with more woodpeckers than you can cope with, they will sit on the same bench as you. The nuthatches and red squirrels will feed out of your hand. Also watch out for Red Breasted & Collared Flycatchers. If you have the time & transport some of the best birding in Europe is less than 1 hour from the centre of Vienna. Vienna is an amazing city for birds and obviously great Austrian people.
have a good trip.
regards
Merlin

Alan,

I was there in May 2003. There were lots of woodpeckers albeit most were Great and Middle Spotteds. I did have nesting Hobby as well. As Merlin says, there is great birding in the east of the country if you are able to travel a bit. If you are interested in information from that part, PM me.

Cheers,
Andre

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back