• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding in Worcestershire (1 Viewer)

albional

Tree Sparrows ??

Yes you're right....I hadn't looked close enough. There's no white neck band, black cheek flash or brown head on the male.

.......oh well next time.

Hi Ian,
Only Tree Sparrows I have seen in the near vicinity are at Belvide , there is an almost 100% chance of seeing them from one of the hides ( can't remember which one of the top of my head ).
Regards
Alan

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
A first for the county (and West Midlands region) with a RED-FLANKED BLUETAIL north of Redditch at Lion Wood NR just south of Portway. The bird was trapped and ringed yesterday morning and has been seen sporadically that afternoon and today.

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
A county (and regional) record of 11 Great White Egret at Clifton Pits this morning as per Adam Holliday.

Finally! I passed Tardebigge Church on my way up from the canal at midday and one hawfinch was preening at the top of a bare tree.​

Users who are viewing this thread