• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Vancouver area in June (2 Viewers)

cwpbirder

United Kingdom
We will be in Vancouver for 3 days next June, and I’m looking for info on birding the city and immediate area. Keen to see as many birds as possible - we will be doing some cycling in the parks. Are there any coastal areas good for breeding birds, also any migrant shorebirds, if it’s not too late for them? Plus I guess there are some Warblers in the parks and surrounding forests?
Can anyone point me to any local websites or site guides?
thankyou.

We will be in Vancouver for 3 days next June, and I’m looking for info on birding the city and immediate area. Keen to see as many birds as possible - we will be doing some cycling in the parks. Are there any coastal areas good for breeding birds, also any migrant shorebirds, if it’s not too late for them? Plus I guess there are some Warblers in the parks and surrounding forests?
Can anyone point me to any local websites or site guides?
thankyou.
I lived South of the border for years and crossed regularly, though it's been a while. Hopefully a local will chime in but I'll offer some basics. Stanley park is popular. If you have transportation Reifel Bird Sanctuary and the entire Boundary Bay area are exceptional. Worth renting a car for a day imo. Ebird is always a good resource and I kept abreast of this site also. Vancouver and Area, Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back