• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Birds Britannia' BBC4 late Autumn 2010 (1 Viewer)

Great information about the changing environment issues. and the important emphasis on the Tawny Pipit in the programme (due to a B/W film coverage) - would love to see the film in question.

Regards
Kathy
I've enjoyed the series, had to watch it on iplayer though.
Wish it'd been on BBC 1 or 2 to reach a wider audience.
We need more programs like that on mainstream TV.

I'd love to see Tawny Pipet too.
Looks a great bit of British wartime propaganda.
It also would interet me as there are some good shots of Covenater tanks.
;)

Attachments

• pipet.jpg
    pipet.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 70
Good series. Noted one mistake in that they stated that the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust was formed in 1948. It was, in fact, in Nov 1946 as the then Severn Wildfowl Trust. Oh, and they also got the scientific name of the Avocet wrong, but hey, no matter, this didn't detract from some very nice programmes.

I've enjoyed the series, had to watch it on iplayer though.
Wish it'd been on BBC 1 or 2 to reach a wider audience.
We need more programs like that on mainstream TV.

How many people don't have BBC4?

Surely with the analogue signal about to be switched off, this is mainstream TV?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back