• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Annapurna Trek, Nepal - Nov 2022 (part 4) (1 Viewer)

mitra.daneshvar

Hello All,

I appreciate if you can help me identifying these birds. I uploaded the best photos I had and most of the time I only got one photo of the bird.
1 and 2 the same bird.
3 to 6 the same., but photo no. 7 is another bird which I don't have any better photo of.
No.7 is Fire-tailed Sunbird?

Thanks in advance,
Mitra

Attachments

• IMG_4829.jpg
    IMG_4829.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4833.jpg
    IMG_4833.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4978.jpg
    IMG_4978.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4999.jpg
    IMG_4999.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5103.jpg
    IMG_5103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Could #7 be Fire-tailed Sunbird (eclipse male)? Not seeing the neck ring but that red tail is distinctive!

BTW, was this a dedicated birding trip or the Annapurna Trek (with binos)? We've been to Nepal 2x and pondering visiting Annapurna area. Would love to hear any recommendations ;-) (PM if you don't want to thread-drift).

Could #7 be Fire-tailed Sunbird (eclipse male)? Not seeing the neck ring but that red tail is distinctive!

BTW, was this a dedicated birding trip or the Annapurna Trek (with binos)? We've been to Nepal 2x and pondering visiting Annapurna area. Would love to hear any recommendations ;-) (PM if you don't want to thread-drift).
Actually I went to ABC with the main purpose of watching and taking photos of the birds. I was alone and I was in no rush, so during 5 days I recorded about 32 lifers! I can't say they were all specific birds of the area and many times it wasn't even easy to find birds on trees, but ABC trek is so beautiful that I think it's worth it spending some time, enjoying both the nature and the birds.

3.-6. agree on Black eagle Ictinaetus malayensis...

was at the Annapurna base camp treck back in 1992 with binoculars and once you have some time to watch birds , this was very nice . Seeing photos by mitra.daneshvar brings back memories; seems to me it is well worth a visit still...though I guess much has changed

old threads

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back