• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen in Sal Cape Verde (1 Viewer)

Martin16

Attached are photos of two birds taken in Cape Verde on 23rd December. Help in IDing them would be appreciate

Attachments

• Bird 1a.JPG
    Bird 1a.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Bird 1b.JPG
    Bird 1b.JPG
    602.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Bird 2a.JPG
    Bird 2a.JPG
    799 KB · Views: 51
  • Bird 2b.JPG
    Bird 2b.JPG
    807.1 KB · Views: 52
Have you left? I guess you are/were on Boavista or Sal, if the latter Uwe Thom has a Facebook site with regular updates on what's about at sites near the main tourist hotels.

Have you left? I guess you are/were on Boavista or Sal, if the latter Uwe Thom has a Facebook site with regular updates on what's about at sites near the main tourist hotels.
I was in Sal, but am now back home in Scotland. I will be posting some other photos for ID-ing. Thanks for the facebook suggestion.

More birds from Sal. Is bird 3a and 3b another Bar-tailed Lark. It is the same bird and is Bird 4a a Greater Hoopoe Lark?

Attachments

• Bird 3a.JPG
    Bird 3a.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • Bird 3b.JPG
    Bird 3b.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • Bird 4a.JPG
    Bird 4a.JPG
    891.7 KB · Views: 23
Hi. Yep, pic 3, looks like a Hoopoe lark - long curved bill, white/grey legs, slight streaking to upper breast/throat, and a dark eye/sub/moustachial stripe..... The only similar bird would be a duponts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back