• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdsong - Northern Italy (1 Viewer)

kuhnkuhn

Italy
Hello everyone,
I need urgent help to identify a birdsong I recorded. I did not see the bird, however, I was recording right before dusk. BirdNET has no clue. I will be super thankful to whoever helps me.

Attachments

• env2campane.19.wav
    548.8 KB
Thank you for your help! However I don't think it sounds as piercing and chaotic as a usual serin
I didn’t mean the song, just the call. (It’s just a guess though)

Like the low trills on this duet/flock

Last edited:
If we are talking about the lower, fluty song rather than the higher pitched trilling, it sounds rather Blackcap like. But perhaps another Sylvia warbler could also fit the bill. It certainly is a very short snatch.

Difficult for me too. Was this part of a longer song or just a short single call? When I first heard it, my gut feeling was "cut out phrase of Songtrush-song, especially with the short melody-tone at the beginning, easily missed here"
If this is indeed just a very short snatch of a longer song, Mistle Trush or Blackbird has to be considered, or a Blackbird, I agree with pianoman. But Song thrush is the best fit.
If this a single call, then my best guess is: if you dont know, what it is, its a ..... . Yes, than I think it might be a Great Tit imitating a finch call. They can do this very good, but many times you hear, that something is not right. And I get this feeling here, too.

Conclusion? Is this recording just a short snatch of a longer song?

Difficult for me too. Was this part of a longer song or just a short single call? When I first heard it, my gut feeling was "cut out phrase of Songtrush-song, especially with the short melody-tone at the beginning, easily missed here"
If this is indeed just a very short snatch of a longer song, Mistle Trush or Blackbird has to be considered, or a Blackbird, I agree with pianoman. But Song thrush is the best fit.
If this a single call, then my best guess is: if you dont know, what it is, its a ..... . Yes, than I think it might be a Great Tit imitating a finch call. They can do this very good, but many times you hear, that something is not right. And I get this feeling here, too.

Conclusion? Is this recording just a short snatch of a longer song?
Thank you very much. This is a clip from a longer recording, where the bird only makes this sounds. It does not sing anything before or after.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back