• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue jays (1 Viewer)

Not much you can do about Blue Jays.
The only thing I can suggest is that you take all your feeders down for several days and perhaps they will move on for awhile.

Hi Ant hill mob and a warm welcome from me too.

My thoughts are that, once you start feeding birds, you can't really dictate what comes in to dine. All creatures need to eat and play a part in the local ecology. So I find it best to just relax and enjoy the antics.

There are feeder guards you can use, which only allow the smaller birds through. But as you have Blue Jays in the area, try and find a way to feed them on their own.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back