• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Tit Advice Please? (1 Viewer)

MarshallR

England
I'm not sure whether I'm posting this in the correct place but I have a very poorly blue tit in the garden, getting slowly worse each day. Still eating but difficulty breathing, lethargic, very sore eyes affecting it's vision. Is there anything I can give it to help? I can pretty much hand feed it. Also, are the other blue tits I have at risk of catching whatever it has? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5080.JPG
    IMG_5080.JPG
    961.2 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to Birdforum.

I am not sure that there is anything you can do. Is there a wildlife centre near you which you could contact?

I have contacted them but no suggestions unfortunately other than capturing it and taking it to the vets but they are likely to put it to sleep. At the moment it's still following the other blue tits around and feeding so unless it stops feeding I'm not sure I should intervene in that way. I'll keep the food supply topped up and see what happens. Thank you for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back