• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! Sick Blue Tit ? (1 Viewer)

C_M_1981

United Kingdom
Hello all I stumbled across this thread due to having the same problem with a Blue Tit. I found it on its back unfortunately and it has puffed itself up into a ball. It wont open its eyes at all and is just breathing very heavily. It doesnt appear aware at all, it has sat in my hand when I brought it indoors to try and warm it up. Is there anything I can do to help it? I feel awful leaving it outside as it is cold so will obviously bring it indoors if it needs heat (and keep it away from my cat!)

For reason I cant attach pictures of it,View attachment bird 1.jpgView attachment bird 2.jpg

Welcome to Birdforum.

We have guidelines here on how to help sick or injured birds.

I hope that helps.

It could be that he is fluffed up because it is cold. Also, he may have flown into a window and be a little stunned. I think the best thing is to return him to where you found him. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back