• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brhlík taka (1 Viewer)

Kowalik

Poland
Hi! Does anyone know what the specific epithet for brhlík taka, the Slovak name for Sitta oenochlamys, comes from etymologically? I don't speak Slovak and can't find data that would give me a clear answer...

Hi! Does anyone know what the specific epithet for brhlík taka, the Slovak name for Sitta oenochlamys, comes from etymologically? I don't speak Slovak and can't find data that would give me a clear answer...

Taka seems to be a local name for this bird. (Not a Slovak word at all, thus. This word doesn't seem to exist in Slovak.)
E.g. :

Taka seems to be a local name for this bird. (Not a Slovak word at all, thus. This word doesn't seem to exist in Slovak.)
E.g. :
Oh, thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back