• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brimstones out in force! (1 Viewer)

Sue Wright

On a trip up to the New Forest yesterday we saw several Brimstones along the way, that bright flash of yellow is such a delight now that Spring is 'just 'about' here.

Sue.

First brimstone seen yesterday along with a peacock and a very tatty red admiral at Middlebere near Wareham, while being serenaded by a chiffchaff. Spring has definitely arrived!

Thanks for the memory jog Saerwen! We heard 2 Chiffchaffs in the New Forest yesterday and saw one of them. Spring is definately in the air, always is for me once I hear the Chiffchaffs.

So good to see more reports of the Brimstones, Aeshna and Sue too, you were particularly lucky with a Comma so early Aeshna, brilliant. A lovely time of the year when more colour flits around us.

Sue

Sue, had another Comma on Hackney Marshes, London yesterday along with 2 Red Admirals, 2 Peacocks, a Small Tortoiseshell + several 7-spot Ladybirds.

aeshna5 said:
Sue, had another Comma on Hackney Marshes, London yesterday along with 2 Red Admirals, 2 Peacocks, a Small Tortoiseshell + several 7-spot Ladybirds.

The commas seem to be out in force - I found one today at Durlston near Swanage and another peacock. I hope the weather stays kind to them.

aeshna5 said:

Wonderful news Aeshna and Saerwen! Lovely to read about the 7 Spots too, lets hope it's a really good year for all Wildlife.

We walked through the village via a back lane and there was the most freshest of Small Tortoiseshells, really beautiful. Then there was a Heron which kept circling around too....and where were our cameras? You've got it....at home! :C Ah well, can't win all the time.

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back