• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bunting, Warbler, or Stonechat? (Hokkaido, Japan) (2 Viewers)

Otarujef

Master Blurry Bird Phototaker
Supporter
Japan
Hi Everyone! :D
It is been awhile, and I hope everyone is well.
I need some clarity on Bird ID .
Most kindly Appreciated!

Place: Asari Dam, Otaru, Hokkaido, Japan
Date: Mar 29, 2023
Time: 1 PM
Weather: Cloudy, 13C, 40% humidity

I will add 2 sets , as I am not sure if we are talking about the same or 2 different birds.
Thanks again for any help!
Jeff :)

Attachments

• 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 1B.jpg
    1B.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 1C.jpg
    1C.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 1D.jpg
    1D.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 39
2nd set

Attachments

• 2A.jpg
    2A.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2B.jpg
    2B.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2C.jpg
    2C.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 2D.jpg
    2D.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Andrew!
Both sets above are Stonechat, correct?
It has been a few seasons since I was out in the area where i usually find them, so they looked familiar,
but I couldn't put me finger on it. Between the juveniles and the females, variations, tho the adult males are clear for sure.
I am so used to the old title "Siberian Stonechat", haha. ebird's got it pegged to Amur. Thanks again Andrew! ;) (y)

Thanks Andrew!
Both sets above are Stonechat, correct?
It has been a few seasons since I was out in the area where i usually find them, so they looked familiar,
but I couldn't put me finger on it. Between the juveniles and the females, variations, tho the adult males are clear for sure.
I am so used to the old title "Siberian Stonechat", haha. ebird's got it pegged to Amur. Thanks again Andrew! ;) (y)
Yes, all Stonechats. I think they're all females.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back