• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10x25 collimation adjustment (1 Viewer)

SplendidWren

Australia
Hello all

I have a pair of these compact binoculars for lightweight bushwalking purposes. They have been great, but got knocked on a rock and now the collimation is out. The cost to repair I was quoted is more than the replacement cost, so I am wondering if it is possible to adjust it myself. Does anyone know if there are adjustment screws under the rubber, and if so where?
Legend_190125_Front_APlus.jpg
Legend® Ultra HD Compact, Small Binoculars | Bushnell

Hello all

I have a pair of these compact binoculars for lightweight bushwalking purposes. They have been great, but got knocked on a rock and now the collimation is out. The cost to repair I was quoted is more than the replacement cost, so I am wondering if it is possible to adjust it myself. Does anyone know if there are adjustment screws under the rubber, and if so where?
View attachment 1521303
Legend® Ultra HD Compact, Small Binoculars | Bushnell
Was the cost of repair quoted to you by Bushnell, or a private technician.

It was a local company, not Bushnell. I am in Australia, so postage to Bushnell would add to the cost.

I might ask Bushnell for a quote anyway to see if it's worth it.

I would, they will likely repair it for free, and you would be out only the postage shipment to them, I would definitely contact them.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum.
Sorry I can't help with your question though.

SplendidWren, I have the same binoculars, and recently sent them in for warranty service. I think Bushnell's warranty in Australia is similar to their USA/Canada warranty. If there are obvious signs of impact damage they likely won't repair for free.

There are some members here who are very experienced with optics repairs. Hopefully, one of them will chime in with repair suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back