• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (3 Viewers)

Seem to be in a bit of a purple patch, here is my recently installed bridge camera efforts.

Mark

Attachments

• tc3.jpg
    tc3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 116
  • tc7.jpg
    tc7.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 114
  • tc6.jpg
    tc6.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 109
  • tc1.jpg
    tc1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 119
Still plenty more mammals to go, I also had a domestic cat and moorhen on this camera.

Edit - I forgot the partial Rat

Mark

Last edited:
Superb footage of the otters, I was trying to work out if there were 3 of them or only (Only) 2.

the lone one is a Mink though isn't it?

Steve

Superb footage of the otters, I was trying to work out if there were 3 of them or only (Only) 2.

the lone one is a Mink though isn't it?

Steve

Hey Steve, thanks for the feedback. I think there are at least 3 otters, as at one point there are two on the bank and one in the background playing in the water. In terms of whether the lone one is mink we can't decide. At first glance the photos look like mink and I would agree but when I checked all the remaining videos there was no mink seen. We set up three cameras all at the same time and I would have thought the mink would have been seen in one of the videos exiting the water. If anyone else has any thoughts on mink or otter it would be great to hear.

Steefo

The opossum sp. looks like it might be White-eared opossum.
I saw Andean White-eared Opossum in Peru which was split from W-EO a few years ago.

if you were anywhere in the north of Brazil it might be reasonably significant (if it is W-EO) as to my knowledge the range isn't really mapped for much of Brazil!

Hey Steve, thanks for the feedback. I think there are at least 3 otters, as at one point there are two on the bank and one in the background playing in the water. In terms of whether the lone one is mink we can't decide. At first glance the photos look like mink and I would agree but when I checked all the remaining videos there was no mink seen. We set up three cameras all at the same time and I would have thought the mink would have been seen in one of the videos exiting the water. If anyone else has any thoughts on mink or otter it would be great to hear.

Steefo

Nice video. For the record I think the lone animal may be a Mink too.

The opossum sp. looks like it might be White-eared opossum.
I saw Andean White-eared Opossum in Peru which was split from W-EO a few years ago.

if you were anywhere in the north of Brazil it might be reasonably significant (if it is W-EO) as to my knowledge the range isn't really mapped for much of Brazil!

I was in the North of Brazil in the state of Roraima so if it is W-EO thats would be quite cool. Thanks for your feedback.

We recently returned to the camera trap by the river and found it with mud all over. Luckily its all explained by the videos.

Otters interested in camera

Some recent pics

Mark

Attachments

• tc24.jpg
    tc24.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
  • tc15.jpg
    tc15.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 95
  • tc19.jpg
    tc19.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 90
  • tc26.jpg
    tc26.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 79
Great otter shots Mark and steefo, amazing videos.... I just noticed them, should really get my camera back by a river.

No posts but the camera has been out. Mostly badgers scratching, but the first pic was a very flukey catch and a I think a new species for the thread, unless Mark has got it already.... And a poor lone badger being persued by a gang of 6 others in the last one - amusing video!

Attachments

• hmm 1 bf.jpg
    hmm 1 bf.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 124
  • badgers bf.jpg
    badgers bf.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 97
  • badgers 2 bf.jpg
    badgers 2 bf.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 78
The first photo looks like an owl?

Hand some camera issues but got them back working again and a few pics

Mark

Attachments

• fox2.jpg
    fox2.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 56
  • fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 39
Is it all right if I ask why it's a bat? And not, for example, a ghost, or a UFO ;)?

Well it's a nasty screengrab of a video which has a whole two seconds of bat!

I'm surprised I haven't seen any ghostly presences to be honest. Haven't got to haloween night yet though, maybe I'll find something there...

Did you find anything good today then?

Well it's a nasty screengrab of a video which has a whole two seconds of bat!

I'm surprised I haven't seen any ghostly presences to be honest. Haven't got to haloween night yet though, maybe I'll find something there...

Did you find anything good today then?

Ah, I was forgetting about the video element. Not easy from the still though!

I found two zombies, a vampire and a poltergeist yesterday. Can't remember anything else.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back