• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7D price rise?????? (1 Viewer)

The canon 60D is nearly £600 on there now too, which must be an increase of 150ish, yet they have the new 70D at just under £800 - all marketing I suspect to push you towards the 70. You can still buy one of the other cameras but will now pay a premium and give them a handsome profit

edit: just looked again and they don't have the 7D at all today - low stock availability or another marketing push??

Last edited:
Hdew have little Canon stock available to order at the moment. All the big bargains they had a month or two back have disappeared. I presume they are having difficulty sourcing at good prices.
As always, the old adage "if you snooze you lose" holds true.
In my opinion the 7D no longer represents a particularly good buy but I also wonder if rumours of a successor have any foundation after all.

Hi chaps. HDEW have put a lot of their prices up recently as has been stated. I'm not sure why but other "grey" importers still sell them at much less. Digital Rev are around £709 and Panamoz are about £630 IIRC. I'm guessing a supply issue too.

I'm sure Wex Photographic are charging a lot more for the 7D than they were earlier this year. I was vaguely wondering about upgrading to one, but I'm not now.

I got my 7d from hdew a couple of weeks ago for £700 I nearly Waite bit pleases I didn't. I also asked about the 300mm 2.8 but they said they didn't have any so am still on the look out for one and I'm not paying 5300 from wex either.

I got my 7d from hdew a couple of weeks ago for £700 I nearly Waite bit pleases I didn't. I also asked about the 300mm 2.8 but they said they didn't have any so am still on the look out for one and I'm not paying 5300 from wex either.

I think a few people will be cursing they didn't grab some of the offerings at Hdew when they were available. Prices in general seem to be on the up at the moment.

I was told the other week by a UK camera shop that rumours are, a new 7D MKII are in the pipeline. If this is true surely the prices will drop ;)
There are certainly loads of rumours about a 7D MKII and I have no doubt that Canon will eventually update the current model but do not expect the price of the current model to fall a lot. Canon make sure most all stocks of old models are gone before releasing a new model (this is applicable to both Cameras and lenses).
Also if/when a new model becomes available if will no doubt cost a lot more so current users will not be 'giving' away their old Cam and rushing out to buy the new model that's for sure.

Looks like an announcement on the 7D ii in Spring next year, but unlikely to be in the shops until late Summer / Autumn if previous camera launches are anything to go by.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back