• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carl Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 vs Carl Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 B/GA T* Classic (1 Viewer)

master5

Hello! Please tell me, is it better to choose Carl Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 B/GA T* Classic or Carl Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 for today? Thank you !

Attachments

• Carl Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 vs Carl Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 BGA T.jpg
    Carl Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 vs Carl Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 BGA T.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 50
You don't say whether the Dialyt is phase-coated (8x30 BGAT*P). If it isn't, it's right out. But even so, the Conquest is the better binocular. There are several reasons: One is that the great weakness of the Dialyt is and always has been glare when viewing against the light. The Conquest is much better in that respect. The Conquest is also a lot tougher and waterproof. The image quality of the Conquest is better, with more even sharpness across the field and better contrast due to better coatings.

The only reasons that speak for the Dialyt is the size and weight and the slower focuser - I despise fast focusers. And it's a classic. The Conquest isn't.

Hermann

I’ve always liked the look of the 8x30 Dialyt. It’s one of the reasons I was drawn to the 8x32 FL when that came out. Its got similar lines apart from the oversized focus wheel.

The dialyt is nice....I had one.... but they are tall, the focus is slow..... no coatings I am sure. The Conquest is nice but in my thinking can be updated to make it a bit more ergonomic / slimmer.... etc Zeiss needs to update the Conquest line.

Now...if you like the look of the Dialyt....try the new Retro 7x35 from Leica. Perfect bin for the most part in my thinking..... jim

Last edited:
Plus conquest close focus much better….I love my dialyt but it’s a collector piece now
Correct...the close focus is an issue and yes...even on the retro. I am not a fan of the close focus on the retro but that would be the only feature that I dislike. If I was really into insects, moths, butterflies etc...I would get the Trinovid as close focus is 3-4'.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dialyt is nice....I had one.... but they are tall, the focus is slow..... no coatings I am sure. The Conquest is nice but in my thinking can be updated to make it a bit more ergonomic / slimmer.... etc Zeiss needs to update the Conquest line.

Now...if you like the look of the Dialyt....try the new Retro 7x35 from Leica. Perfect bin for the most part in my thinking..... jim
About 15 years ago I was birdwatching at a nature view area with a few others. One of them had a 7x42 Zeiss Classic, she let me look through them and I was blown away. A nice, big easy view, very comfortable binocular with a clear sharp image.

Fast forward to last month, I was sitting with a group of people, I had my 7x35 Retrovids and my friend had that 7x42 Zeiss that had blown me away years ago. There was no contest, partly due to the Zeiss being dirty, but the Retrovids blew them away in every way.

I had, at one time the same Zeiss dialyts… but never had the dialyts and the retro ‘side by side’ like you did. Nice to know on the Retro so thanks for sharing. I love my 7x35 retro

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back