• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cats - Not Raptors: No surprise there (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of the murders committed by the nazis, domestic cats kill that many birds every day, relentlessly, 365 days a year. If not a lot more.

Comparing cat predation with Nazi atrocities just about finishes this thread, a warped thinking that is likely to offend some members of the forum.

Discussions on the impacts of cats are worthwhile, this thread isn't. Closed as far as I am concerned.

Comparing cat predation with Nazi atrocities just about finishes this thread, a warped thinking that is likely to offend some members of the forum.

Discussions on the impacts of cats are worthwhile, this thread isn't. Closed as far as I am concerned.

I was responding to someone else's mention of nazis. Your catlike slyness at making me look like I brought up the subject is duly noted. I see you have some experience at cyber bullying. I would expect nothing less from a couple of guys who enjoy the slaughter of birds by proxy. Cheers.

Last edited:
the nazi's were brought up because you disparaged your critics by comparing them to rapists and murderers...

I don't see any cyber bullying but I do see some very poor debating skills

You're the one who brought up nazis. Don't try to weasel out of it. You and your buddy are just morning stretching exercises for wildlife conservationists. We have scars bigger and tougher than you. You do condone murder of birds by proxy and deserve being compared to exactly what I compared you to. Cheers

I was responding to someone else's mention of nazis. Your catlike slyness at making me look like I brought up the subject is duly noted. I see you have some experience at cyber bullying. I would expect nothing less from a couple of guys who enjoy the slaughter of birds by proxy. Cheers.

Oi! Don't leave me out - I love cats too! ;) :-O

In fact I help out at a local cat & dog sanctuary and foster the hard-to-rehome animals which have suffered at the hands of cruel humans! Suzi was used as a punchbag by a cowardly man and now trusts nobody but me. Domino is 16 years old and was starved by her owners so badly it has been touch & go as to whether she would survive!!! She also had to have her fur shaved off because she'd never been groomed and was all knots....oh, and she had all her teeth removed too because of a bad mouth infection! Cats are cruel? What does that make humans? Cats are ANIMALS...they go on instinct and don't deliberately plan things, unlike the human race who are capable of some of the most vile unspeakable crimes against both themselves and the other inhabitants of this planet.

The reason I mention this? You used that quote that is SO often used against cats that they are sneaky and sly.....what complete and utter rubbish! Only a person who has never lived with cats (or dogs!) can spout forth such nonsense!!! I've had cats who are almost doglike with their devotion and affection.....most cats ARE affectionate: the ones who aren't are usually 'standoffish' because the blooming humans haven't shown them any affection! Would you want to cuddle up to somebody who ignored you or was cold and unresponsive?

A lot of conservationists enjoy the company of cats - does that make them all hypocrites? And what about the conservationists who have umpteen children? What about the vast tracts of habitat being swallowed up to make way for homes for the ever-expanding population?
I chose not to have children when I was 10 years old as I believed then that the world was vastly over-populated :smoke: I'm 43 now and never once have I changed my mind or regretted it.

It is possible to care about bird conservation AND be a cat lover. I don't believe in confining cats to an indoor existence as I believe that is cruel but I've NEVER let my cats out overnight or during the early morning whilst nestlings are being fed. My animals (and my husband!) are all neutered too as I don't believe in breeding either....there just aren't enough responsible good homes to go around IMO :smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back