• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Change page type? (1 Viewer)

THE_FERN

Opus Editor
Is it possible for "average users" to change page types?

I couldn't see any obvious editable headers etc which would allow me to do this...

You mean changing a page from regular to category? I am not sure whether that is doable with the Move command. (and I am not sure if move is available to you or only to Opus editors).

In the previous version of Opus you would have to start a new page of the new type, open the old one in edit, copy everything into the new page, and at the end convert the old one to a redirect. As I say, I have not tried in the new version.
Niels

Ah ok so the full page source isn't accessible to us. What a shame (presume that whether a page is a "category" or whatever just depends on a header metadata entry)

Ah ok so the full page source isn't accessible to us. What a shame (presume that whether a page is a "category" or whatever just depends on a header metadata entry)
Don't know those technical details.

As I said, tell me what need doing and I am willing to try.
Niels

Don't know those technical details.

As I said, tell me what need doing and I am willing to try.
Niels
Would you like to move the "Mexico City" page to a new "Mexico City" category page, and add a redirect for "Ciudad de Mexico"?

[i.e. deleting the current location page]

Tx

Would you like to move the "Mexico City" page to a new "Mexico City" category page, and add a redirect for "Ciudad de Mexico"?
Done. The content of the redirect page is
#REDIRECT [[:Category:Mexico City]]
[i.e. deleting the current location page]
The move automatically convert the existing page to a redirect.

Niels

Done. The content of the redirect page is
#REDIRECT [[:Category:Mexico City]]

The move automatically convert the existing page to a redirect.

Niels
Do we need to check "What links here" - or is that automatically handled by the system?

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back