• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chittagong, Bangladesh. May 3rd. very poor pictures (1 Viewer)

Zangazanga

I had a very birdy 5 minutes looking out the window of room this afternoon and was able to identify 9 species of birds on the hill across the road.
But looking at the snapshots I took, I suspect there may have been a tenth species there. One of the birds I saw was a Black drongo. (See photo p1000721a with the Black Drongo and a White-throated Kingfisher.) But a few minutes later I took some shots a black bird nearby in a bit of shade.
The shots are terrible and I doubt there is any chance of being sure of what the bird might be, but by the shape of the tail, I do not think it was a Drongo, and so I am not sure what it was. I wonder if anyone might be able to see anything in the three photos (P1000732. P1000733, P1000734).Just a wish,
best regards, z

Attachments

• P1000732.jpg
    P1000732.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1000733.jpg
    P1000733.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 32
  • P1000734.jpg
    P1000734.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P1000721a.jpg
    P1000721a.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 32
Agree with Rafael that it's one of the drongos, but I would guess Greater Racket-tailed rather than lesser. First because shape feels better for Greater to me, and secondly because Greater is the more common of the two in Bangladesh.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back