• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colorado 'chicken run': April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Mike Hunter

Hi

Been on the radar for years but I'm finally going to do the Colorado 'chicken run'.

Two of the chickens require some planning, and Lesser Prairie Chicken has very few remaining slots already for lek viewing for the 2024 season for individual visits. I've booked one slot on 24 April (the earliest one possible) and there is one remaining slot on that day.

For anyone nimble enough, they are welcome to join me (I could buy the last slot if needed).

Rough costs: air fare to Denver from London (£550+ direct flight). Hire car: £350+ a week (yes it's expensive). Accommodation, food and fuel: roughly £100 a day should cover it.

Beyond the seven chickens, other key targets include: Mountain Plover, Lewin's Woodpecker, Evening Grosbeak, various rosy-finches, Prairie Falcon, Ferruginous Hawk.

PM if interested. Dates likely 11 to 25 April.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back