• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compatibility of Eyepieces between the ATS/STS and AT/ST models (1 Viewer)

ibramr

Greetings. I wonder if the eyepieces of the two series, AT/ST and ATS/STS, are backward and forward compatible. More specifically, would the older AT/ST series eyepieces fit the newer ATS/STS series. Thank you very much.

Greetings. I don’t know how many times did I tell myself to read the manual properly. Here is a cut-and-paste from the ATS manual, page 30:

3.4 COMMENTS
Eyepieces of the SWAROVSKI OPTIK AT and ST 80 spotting scopes fit mechanically into the bayonet lock of the main bodies ATS/STS and ATM/STM 65/80. But the best optical imaging is ensured if eyepieces of the new series are used.

Ouch….But, thank you Forum members.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back