• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirm ID Drakes Bay, Costa Rica. (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Hello I took this photograph in March during our visit to Drakes Bay, Costa Rica. I only have 3 identical photographs taken on a burst. Unfortunately I have not captured the front of the bird. The nearest I can find is a Yellow-bellied Elaenia probably completely wrong. I used Merlin and checked numerous pictures on Bird and books I have

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Looks like a parted crest with white crown feathers, so I agree with Yellow-bellied Elaenia.

Looks like a parted crest with white crown feathers, so I agree with Yellow-bellied Elaenia.
Thank you I am quite surprised I got a identification correct for a change. I have visited Costa Rica twice just checked my records this was a lifer for me
Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back