• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crested tit or something else? Czech Republic (1 Viewer)

VlkStinu

Hi everyone!

I was going through my recordings and I've listened to this recording of what I thought was crested tit. However, browsing through Xeno-Canto recordings, I found none resembling the call/song I recorded. So was I wrong after all? What do you think?

http://www.xeno-canto.org/323603

Habitat was coniferous forest, mainly spruce trees and it was recorded by a conrete road. It was coming hight from the tree tops.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

Last edited:
Very interesting! I haven't thought about that, but it is true that the tone sounds similar! Although I was unable to find similar melody on Xeno Canto as well, going through the blue tit recordings. It will be interesting to hear other's thoughts!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back