• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cyprus, Orchid (?) and other (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
No idea if this is an Orchid or not, the stem, seems to be remnants of last years flowers. No idea what the purpe one is?

Attachments

• DSC_7449.JPG
    17 MB · Views: 27
  • purple flower.jpg
    purple flower.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
1. Nor me 🙂 Neither the fruits nor the structure of the inflorescence really says 'orchid' to me though.
2. Anemone? Dunno.

I don't think it is one, but leaves of 1 could fit with tulip. Domestic tulip seed heads look very different but I couldn't find an image of Cyprus tulip seeds.

Anemone seems a good shout for 2

(1) is a bulb, something related to Scilla. (2) is an Anemone.
There is a good website for Cypriot flora, I'll provide the link (and will try to give correct identifications) later.

The first is certainly not an orchid; the seed pods are totally wrong. Worth being aware there are a lot of Ophrys forms/species on Cyprus, and they start flowering very early in the year.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back