• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Devon Beavers (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

I see there's a fool of an angler already making stupid noises about negative effect on salmon and sea trout, as if European (and Canadian) Beavers hadn't lived for millennia with both.... its also disappointing that the announcement seems to be limited to the River Otter, as if the Tory wreckers currently in charge are reserving the right to decide which rivers can have Beavers and which can't. Not what one wanted to hear, really.

John

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
I see there's a fool of an angler already making stupid noises about negative effect on salmon and sea trout, as if European (and Canadian) Beavers hadn't lived for millennia with both.... its also disappointing that the announcement seems to be limited to the River Otter, as if the Tory wreckers currently in charge are reserving the right to decide which rivers can have Beavers and which can't. Not what one wanted to hear, really.

John
A fool indeed! Nothing creates better salmon & trout spawning pools than beavers, he ought to be delighted!

coaltit

United Kingdom
A fool indeed! Nothing creates better salmon & trout spawning pools than beavers, he ought to be delighted!
Fisherman (not all) are going to be the main culprits talking about fish stocks and giveing negativity where its not needed unfortunately and again with ministers I,ll only listen to the science not them.

Users who are viewing this thread