• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DIY Image Stabilisation (IS) for binoculars (1 Viewer)

My search is over. This is the simplest option by far.

Just get a selfie stick on ebay amazon.

Weight and length perfect.
Telescopic for storage and transport.

Doubles as… a selfie stick.

Can also be used as monopod or as a handle.

image.jpg

Slices and dices, makes Julienne fries...
I love repurposing products from other industries. Find solutions with existing products before having to make something from scratch.

Haha what a funny expression!

This stick is going to come with me from mountains to broadway.

I am moving to research active electronic stabilisation for spotting scope. Wont happen from ZLS is my guess.

The expression is from a famous TV commercial by Ronco. You got the Julienne fry (chips) slicer if you bought the other product....usually before midnight that night of course.
I would love to see a.stabilized bino enclosure that would make any roof bino a stabilized one.

The expression is from a famous TV commercial by Ronco. You got the Julienne fry (chips) slicer if you bought the other product....usually before midnight that night of course.
I would love to see a.stabilized bino enclosure that would make any roof bino a stabilized one.
1662689730621.png

Haha what a funny expression!

This stick is going to come with me from mountains to broadway.

I am moving to research active electronic stabilisation for spotting scope. Wont happen from ZLS is my guess.

Not ZLS, but Nikon made one.
(Good luck finding in stock anywhere.)

Nikon | Sport Optics | EDG Fieldscope 85 VR/85-A VR

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/news/nikon-edg-vr-85-fieldscopes-straight-and-angled

https://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/sportoptics/dsystem/fsa-l2/index.htm

I’ve started a thread to focus on diy active electronic stabilisation, for scopes. wander over at your leisure :)

My search is over. This is the simplest option by far.

Just get a selfie stick on ebay amazon.

Weight and length perfect.
Telescopic for storage and transport.
So you re-invented the Finnstick that's been around for years and years: Finnstick - Wikipedia

You'll find more on the Finnstick when you search Kimmo's postings on this forum.

Hermann

So you re-invented the Finnstick that's been around for years and years: Finnstick - Wikipedia

You'll find more on the Finnstick when you search Kimmo's postings on this forum.

Hermann

Lol yes sort off. They are all sticks after all.

You could say a finnstick is just a monopod.

A monopod is just a flagpole.

A flagpole is just a stick.

I’ll name my stick: the kimmik gimmick

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back