• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dog walkers disappear (1 Viewer)

greer3

United Kingdom
There's an excellent patch for birdwatching nearby. Potentially it could be overrun with dog walkers. It's close enough for local villagers to take their dogs for a walk and there's a lay-by opposite to park cars where the public footpath starts.
After a dog walker was attacked by cows as he went along the footpath without his pets on a lead, the farmer fenced the path off from the field and erected three rather awkward styles which now have to be climbed over. The only way dogs can get through is by lifting them over.
Since he did this, around three years ago this I've yet to see any dog walkers in the vicinity. Prior to that there were lots of discarded dog plastic poo bags and damaged signs asking for dogs to be kept on leads.
It's now an great dog-free walk and the local birds - and livestock- can go about their business in peace, undisturbed by dogs running amok. It's one of the best birdwatching sites around.
I've got a few other such walks where dogs are seldom if ever seen; I keep them under my hat for fear of them being ruined.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back