• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Durability of Kowa spotters? (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

I really like the 773 that I'm using now. Eyepieces aside how durable are Kowa scopes?

My Swaro 65 never bought a case, never felt the need. Put lenses caps on it put it back seat
trunk of wife's car, didn't matter. Left attached to tripod throw over shoulder and away I would go.

I don't have that same trust with the Kowa,granted it is cushioned with the excellent stay on case that Kowa offers but???

Am I being to leary of the scope? The ep's ,not concerned,
they feel robust and perform just as admirably.

Bryce...

I've had several Kowa scopes (for more than 20 years) and currently have a 663. All have been robust and problem-free despite being unceremoniously slung in and stored in the back of my car most of the time. I do use a case to offer a bit more padding.

I've had several Kowa scopes (for more than 20 years) and currently have a 663. All have been robust and problem-free despite being unceremoniously slung in and stored in the back of my car most of the time. I do use a case to offer a bit more padding.

Grando, thanks I'm probably being over cautious.

No more though I figure if I pay for it I'm gonna use it! : )

Bryce...

Bryce
Give it six months and you'll be shucking it in the trunk just like the last scope. Don't matter what you paid you have to use it or you might as well have bought an Alpen or a Vortex Viper. Oh yeah in six months you'll be kicking yourself for not buying the 883. There is a MAJOR!! difference between Fluorite Crystal and Fluorite ions.
Steve
Who loves owning both an 884 and a 664.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back