• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern Crete (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I'm planning a trip to Eastern Crete in September staying near Agios Nikoloas. I will have a car but because we'll only be there for a few days we'll be spending most of our time in the East of the Island.
I'm keen on all birds but particularly interested in birds of prey. Having looked on this forum it would appear that the Lassithi Plateau sounds great. Can anyone recomend any others areas or partiuclar roads or paths that would be good. Am I right in thinking that I should keep my eyes peeled for the following Lammergeier, Griffon, Golden, Bonelli's, Long Legged and Common Buzzard, Marsh and Montagues Harriers, Peregrine and Eleanora's Falcons, Kestrel and Lesser Kestrel, sparrowhawk. Be grateful if anyone could let me know if I'm missing any and also if possible how common they are, which may help with my identifications.
Thankyou
Adam

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back