• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Easy site for cabanis's/prevost's ground sparrow (1 Viewer)

jwreeves

Had at least 4 fri pm and sat am by the river next to wallmart in alajuela, just north of juan santamaria airport. Very handy if renting your car from the useless europcar or stopping at the courtyard hotel! Will hopefully find time to write up a trip report of our 2 week trip to this amazing country soon!

Had at least 4 fri pm and sat am by the river next to wallmart in alajuela, just north of juan santamaria airport. Very handy if renting your car from the useless europcar or stopping at the courtyard hotel! Will hopefully find time to write up a trip report of our 2 week trip to this amazing country soon!

Yew, please write up your trip - I'll be there in April. We will probably visit Walmart at your suggestion!

cheers, alan

Yew, please write up your trip - I'll be there in April. We will probably visit Walmart at your suggestion!

cheers, alan

First part of trip report now in vacational trip reports section! They seemed quite easy here, getting on both sides of the river, often giving good views! Hope you have a good trip!

Thanks for that. Good find! They are around but always seem tough to find. I go to that Walmart now and then. Was this the riparian zone on the other side of the fence at the walmart parking lot? Or, did you walk near the river somehow?

Yeh it was the riparian zone on the other side of the fence of the wallmart parking lot! Mostly birded from the road that goes around the perimeter of the parking lot, there is a used trail of sorts that goes to the river bank to give a better view of the far bank, but it is a short dead end track. This was the area we had the most sightings, often in the piles of branches on the far bank

Yeh it was the riparian zone on the other side of the fence of the wallmart parking lot! Mostly birded from the road that goes around the perimeter of the parking lot, there is a used trail of sorts that goes to the river bank to give a better view of the far bank, but it is a short dead end track. This was the area we had the most sightings, often in the piles of branches on the far bank

Thanks so much for that! I know right where that is, hope to get some good shots of that bird. It also lives near my house but I rarely see or hear it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back