• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ecuador Thistletail? (1 Viewer)

m.skalla

Cayambe-Coca National Park. Not sure which part of the park we were in when I took these photos but we started at Papallacta Napo Province. Birds were seen in same general area. First 3 images possible White-chinned Thistletail (not Spinetail as originally posted) . 2nd three images are a different bird.

Attachments

• Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (2).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (2).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (3).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (3).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (220).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (220).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (12).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (12).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (13).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (13).jpg
    4 MB · Views: 19
  • Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (17).jpg
    Cayambe-Coca NP Ecuador 3-2023 (17).jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Yes. Second bird perhaps immature..?

Edit: you might consider adding one of these to opus where we only have an image of the Peruvian ssp.

Last edited:
Here you go. Linking wrong or something?

Edit: it's just that Peruvian ssp don't have the "classic" white chin
The title of the thread was thistletail but the text I copied said spinetail. There is no spinetail with that first part.

I don't know if it is just me, but I fail to get an impression of a long tail from the OP images.
Niels

Here you go. Linking wrong or something?

Peruvian ones
The title of the thread was thistletail but the text I copied said spinetail. There is no spinetail with that first part.

I don't know if it is just me, but I fail to get an impression of a long tail from the OP images.
Niels
Ah misunderstandings all around. I read no further than that title. I'm sure the op meant thistletail, not spinetail... Anyway, i'm sure it's a white-chinned thistletail...

The Fern - looked at adding a photo to the opus but not sure how to go about it (or if it needs to be done as an editor). If you are willing to add them, feel free to copy my photos if that is possible. If you can't download from here they should be available from my flickr site

The Fern - looked at adding a photo to the opus but not sure how to go about it (or if it needs to be done as an editor). If you are willing to add them, feel free to copy my photos if that is possible. If you can't download from here they should be available from my flickr site
A good first step is to add the image to the gallery here at Birdforum.

But this is the help page for adding photos to an opus page: Help:Adding a photo to a bird entry - BirdForum Opus
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back