• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (1 Viewer)

Aaaaargh - that looks superb. Someone's going to have to remove your power tools sometime soon mate . . . .

One can only hope that nothing is ever lost in the process of artmaking and that all this art washed down the drain or cut to pieces reappears even better in a future work. Still I think hiding all power tools is probably a good idea.

One can only hope that nothing is ever lost in the process of artmaking and that all this art washed down the drain or cut to pieces reappears even better in a future work. Still I think hiding all power tools is probably a good idea.

Strongly disagree, I think the arsenal of power tools should be extended to include at least a cement mixer and a food processor. I'd be fascinated to see the results.

Even though the scene looked promising, I admire the ability to destroy your own work when you're not happy with it. I've done it a few times myself (with less powerful tools) and actually found it a bit refreshing. Maybe it is even an important part of developing as an artist? Next time, I'll run over it with the old Volvo.

My most recent pendulines had a quick scrub under the shower, but nothing came off!!! So nothing else for it but to try and paint over the unwanted mess.

Even though the scene looked promising, I admire the ability to destroy your own work when you're not happy with it. I've done it a few times myself (with less powerful tools) and actually found it a bit refreshing. Maybe it is even an important part of developing as an artist? Next time, I'll run over it with the old Volvo.
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm all for a bit of 'revising One's position' regarding art. I've re-assessed plenty of my own (even one that came back from the SWLA is now under several layers of acrylic paint) - but none of my own had the potential this one appeared to have. But there's no doubt - Ed's the best judge of his own work . . . . . most of the time ;)

hello all

I do find it hard to move on from one that's gone wrong..it sort of nags way at me

so decided the best way to lance this particular boil would be to try another tack- here they are done ultra-rapid this morning on a blue file divider pinched from the office stationary cupboard

onward- time for something new!

Attachments

• q9550DSC_5248.jpg
    q9550DSC_5248.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 59
  • q9550crop.jpg
    q9550crop.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 65
Ed - if the first go round had so much promise this iteration quite simply puts it away...absolutely fantastic...and on a file folder to boot!!!

well thanks all- that's more than encouragement enough to have another shot at watercolouring

next in the pack of file dividers is green (not sure what to do with yellow yet...)

what caught my eye on Sunday was the overlap of the GBBG's beak and the Redshank's leg, so the rest is setting for that little moment of spot and line

Attachments

• q9 550 DSC_52820.jpg
    q9 550 DSC_52820.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 55
  • q95505282copy2.jpg
    q95505282copy2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 68
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back