• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ermine Stoats Winter 22/23 (1 Viewer)

BriLee

England
The Winter periods of 22/23 were kind of strange ,I haven't personally seen any Stoats in their Winter Coats for many Years,and in the Winter 22/23 I saw 4 different Ermine Stoats in separate places. This one was on Saddleworth Moors, very challenging trying to get any pics,it was popping up all over the place,reminded me of a Fairground Game ha ha,( hence this heavily cropped pic ) you forget how Beautiful they are .Amazingly a Male Kestrel was following this Stoat, and the Stoat flushed a Vole which in an instant the Kestrel swooped down and grabbed,to quick to react with camera unfortunately. But what an incredible few moments. Regards Bri.

Attachments

•  ErmineStoat 1 .jpg
    ErmineStoat 1 .jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 25
You have come way closer than I ever have, Bri...I've seen a few partials but never a fully coated one like in your excellent picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back