• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ermite du Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Stan95100

Hello everyone.
A hermit met in Costa Rica Close to Panama that I can't really recognize.
Your help would be welcome.
With thanks.
Cordially.
Stan

Bonjour à toutes et à tous.
Un ermite rencontré au Costa Rica Proche du Panama que je n'arrive pas à reconnaitre vraiment.
Votre aide serait la bienvenue.
Avec mes remerciements.
Cordialement.
Stan

Attachments

• 244A2138 ermite.-.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 244A2140 ermite.jpg
    244A2140 ermite.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Can you give the location and if possible also the altitude?
Looks more like little hermit than long-tailed hermit. Knowing the altitude would nail it.

Can you give the location and if possible also the altitude?
Looks more like little hermit than long-tailed hermit. Knowing the altitude would nail it.
For Costa Rica, suspect you meant stripe-throated hermit (what it is suggest)

Old book, old taxonomy. Yes, little hermit = stripe-throated hermit. And, from the thumbnail-less photo (which I stupidly didn't open), it clearly is one.

Bonsoir tous deux.
Pas trop visible sur les photos présentes, mais le bec apparait moins long et moins arqué que celui d'un longue queue.
je pensais donc à un "gorge rayée" mais sans assurance.
Merci donc pour vos lumières.
Cordialement.
Stan

Hello both.
Not too visible on the present photos, but the beak appears shorter and less arched than that of a long tail.
I was therefore thinking of a "scratched throat" but without insurance.
So thank you for your lights.
Cordially.
Stan

NB:

the individual in the photo came to collect spider threads!!
so i think it was a breeding adult

l'individu de la photo venait collecter des fils d'araignée!!
je pense donc que c'était un adulte nicheur

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back