• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eurasian Blackbird, Vietnam (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Sorting my World list and found a record of Eurasian Blackbird at Cuc Phuong, Vietnam.

The exact record states 'Eurasian Blackbird Turdus merula Daily at Cuc Phuong with a maximum of 3 birds together on the grass at Bong.'

My problem here is that Vietnam doesn't seem to be in range so I presume they would be T. mandarinus but Vietnam is not described in the range for this either, range for this is stated to be East and Central China?

Sorting my World list and found a record of Eurasian Blackbird at Cuc Phuong, Vietnam.

The exact record states 'Eurasian Blackbird Turdus merula Daily at Cuc Phuong with a maximum of 3 birds together on the grass at Bong.'

My problem here is that Vietnam doesn't seem to be in range so I presume they would be T. mandarinus but Vietnam is not described in the range for this either, range for this is stated to be East and Central China?
Chinese Blackbird winters to Indochina Andy, south to C Annam in Vietnam. Vagrants have occurred as far south as Langkawi Is. (Malaysia) and Singapore.

Grahame

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back