• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Expert help needed for Hummingbirds (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

Please help me Id these little hummers, no's 1, 2, 3 & 4 were all taken at the Floyd Lamb State Park in Las Vegas, I have tried them before on the id forum but got a little confused as I thought the first 3 were the same but was told different, the 4th was taken at the same place and the 5th was taken in St George the south west of Utar. they were all taken in June this year and I appreicate any help given.

Attachments

• Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.52.jpg
    Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.52.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.53.jpg
    Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.53.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 73
  • Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.55.jpg
    Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 12.55.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 13.23.jpg
    Floyd Lamb State Park- Las Vegas-Nv - 13.23.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Japanese Park - Saint George-Ut - 10.29.jpg
    Japanese Park - Saint George-Ut - 10.29.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 73
Certainly no expert Debs...but just for the fun of it! Female B.C.H. for 1 & 2,
female juv.B.T.H.for 3, male BTH for 4 and juv.Anna's for 5, even though it's bill might appear a 'smidgin' on the long side?

cheers :-O

Broad-tailed Hummingbird, I would guess, since there's no such animal as a Black-throated Hummer (at least not in California). Use of cryptic abbreviations in threads of this sort is seldom a good idea.

Last edited:
Please help me Id these little hummers, no's 1, 2, 3 & 4 were all taken at the Floyd Lamb State Park in Las Vegas, I have tried them before on the id forum but got a little confused as I thought the first 3 were the same but was told different, the 4th was taken at the same place and the 5th was taken in St George the south west of Utar. they were all taken in June this year and I appreicate any help given.

1 and 2 - Juvenile male Costa's
3 - Juvenile male black-chinned (?)
4 - Adult male Anna's
5 - Adult female Costa's (?)

Broad-tailed Hummingbird, I would guess, since there's no such animal as a Black-throated Hummer (at least not in California). Use of cryptic abbreviations in threads of this sort is seldom a good idea.

Oops! I was thinking of (and meant to say) Black-chinned Hummingbird. Yes, presumably BTW means Broad-tailed Hummingbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back