• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extra batt for 350D (1 Viewer)

Nadine

Does anyone need extra batt when out on a trip?
The grip is to expensive, does anyone recommend: HAHNEL HL-2LHP Canon Type, or any other options?

thanx
nadine

Hi again Nadine,

ALWAYS take a spare battery with you, if not you will lose shots one day. And I'd advise make sure all batteries charged before leaving on any trip. (A bit pointless taking one that isnt charged!)

Mike

I have used a cheap clone canon 300D battery no problem. I alternate it with the canon battery and I cannot tell the difference. They both last the same. But 1/4 of the price of a canon offical battery.

Robert

I agree with both replies - always carry a spare and look at non-Canon batteries they work out a lot cheaper and are just as good (in my experience).

JSI said:
Can anyone recommend non-canon batteries to use?

I've been most impressed by the service and products from SterlingTek. Their 20D-type batteries are 30% (even including shipping to the UK) the cost of Canon's and they've got more juice.

Hi Nadine/JSI,

I recently went away for a few months, and took with me 1 canon battery and 2 clones. In the end I only needed 2 of them, recharging the periodically, it was amazing how long they lasted for! The canon clones were seemingly just as good, very happy with them. I purchased them from 7dayshop.com they were only about £10-11, no doubt if you look on the internet you will find a shop that ships cheaply to Portugal/Canada too.

All the best

James

I use the BG grip on my 20D with a pair of batteries, the supplied Canon one and a Hahnel clone - never had any problems with the much cheaper clone and would recommend them to anyone.

A spare battery is essential for any camera, nothing worse than missing that once in a lifetime shot because of no power.

Plenty advertised on the web, but I think most camera shops carry clones of one make or another.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back