• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye-browed Thrush Again? (1 Viewer)

Richard Abr

Could not find the old thread in a quick search but TillSmith has tweeted again that the EB Thrush was last seen on 1st December. He also has posted another photo. Anybody heard any more?
Richard

Could not find the old thread in a quick search but TillSmith has tweeted again that the EB Thrush was last seen on 1st December. He also has posted another photo. Anybody heard any more?
Richard

pic.twitter.com/ZtGBEjEj is the picture taken on last day seen

Sorry not sure how to insert photo, perhaps someone else can

Last edited:
If there was any remaining doubt that this was a hoax just look at the three pics posted on Twitter, claiming to have been 18 days apart and all three images show the bird on the same branch in almost the exact same spot.

If there was any remaining doubt that this was a hoax just look at the three pics posted on Twitter, claiming to have been 18 days apart and all three images show the bird on the same branch in almost the exact same spot.

Lots of garden birds like to perch on the same branch(es) !!!!! in a habitat they are familiar with and where they feel safe

Lots of garden birds like to perch on the same branch(es) !!!!! in a habitat they are familiar with and where they feel safe

True Richard, but these particular pics are just a row of shots taken at the same time with the bird in different positions on the branch, they are all the same in terms of how soft the images are, the light and contrast etc... If there were different pics of the bird in a different places for example on grass or a fence it could be more believable. But all Mr Smith can come up with is the same row of images claiming they were taken on different days.

It is a hoax.

Last edited:
If he has 'different' poses of the same bird, even on the same day, does not that give it a little credence regards authenticity? I don't know, but just a thought? Probably not actually.

I thought he said he wouldnt be able to do anymore tweets as he was going away for three weeks on 21st Nov. Three weeks would make i today that he is back, but he saw the bird whilst on holiday, in his garden on the 1st.... confused.com

I thought he said he wouldnt be able to do anymore tweets as he was going away for three weeks on 21st Nov. Three weeks would make i today that he is back, but he saw the bird whilst on holiday, in his garden on the 1st.... confused.com

It was never in HIS garden, and probably not in anyone else's, not in Hunstanton anyway.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back