• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

F. Chaffinch or f. Greenfinch? UK (1 Viewer)

UKBirder23

Hello again,

Just had a finch show up in the garden, took a few photos as I was unsure whether it was a female Chaffinch or a female Greenfinch, although my initial thought was Chaffinch. Sorry the photos are terrible (I'd blame the camera, but I'm a realist and I know that I'm rotten at taking photos). The wingbars were very yellow, and the bird has a greenish rump which doesn't show up in the photos but that fits with either species, I believe.
p.s. Thanks again to those who contributed on my last post, I've not replied as I didn't want to bump it to the top again!

Attachments

• P1010514.JPG
    P1010514.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010517.JPG
    P1010517.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010521.JPG
    P1010521.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back